Response Time of Fires Truck - a possible project
Questions to be answered:
1) What is the response time at the current traffic situation?
2) What is the response time after a building is built?
1) review of literature
2) study design
3) Collection of traffic data
- Type of Car
- Number of Cars passing by within a time limit (to be designed)
- Liberty Corner 4 way corner
- Firestation department front
- Front of the elementary school
4) Data cleaning and documentation
5) Analysis of Data:
- Simple Statistical Analysis Plan
- SAS program for the analysis
- Simulations of the possible scenario based on the collected data and estimates
- Professional statisticians and SAS programmers
- Hills concerned residents.
- High school students (collection of data and analysis - first taste for SAS).
- we have a solid understanding of how much response time needed for the fire trucks to arrive.
- we get a glimpse of how data can be collected and analyzed and used for public issues.
- funs for presenting data on different cars (graphes, tables, etc.)
- high school students might be attracted by the tools used ......